Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Anniversary Card

Today is my 8th wedding anniversary! When Jim and I first got married, my mother (hi Mom!) started getting antsy about grandchildren. I told her our "5 year plan" was to buy a house, get a dog, and have a baby. In that order. And she wasn't allowed to bug us about a baby until after we had a house and a dog. Well, it's been a little more than 5 years, but we're on our 3rd house and our 3rd baby...and still no dog! We did just get our 3rd fish if that counts for anything.

Mom is driving down today to stay and help us out when the baby comes. She's coming early today so that Jim and I can go out to dinner for our anniversary. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll be doing that at a restaurant and not at the hospital. Although a baby would make a great anniversary gift, I'm hoping he/she holds out until Wednesday to have a day of his/her very own.

In the meantime, here is the card I made for Jim. I used Boatloads of Love again and cut off the very bottom edge to reveal the paper adhered to the inside.

Here's the inside before I signed it with mushy words. (wink!)

Supplies: Boatloads of Love, Happy Everything ("happy"), Fundamental Phrases ("anniversary"), Best Yet hostess set, Night of Navy ink pad/marker, Bordering Blue ink pad/marker & cardstock, Really Rust marker, Basic Black ink pad, Very Vanilla cardstock, Kraft cardstock, Cutter Kit (distressing tool), Blender Pens, Prestwick DSP, Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

Tara Kieninger said...

Happy Anniversary to you! You make the best couple!

Cindy Malone said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! You know, you could have that Baby on the 11th, that's my birthday :-) Hope you're doing well!