Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snowy Day

It's snowing today here in East Central Illinois, so I thought a penguin and some snowflakes would be an appropriate theme for today's card using colors from KWerner's latest Color Inspiration Challenge. I love finding "non-traditional" colors to use on holiday cards and this combination was perfect: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, So Saffron, and Very Vanilla.


Here's a close-up of that cutie patootie penguin! If you're wondering, the penguin is from the Wild About You stamp set. I think he often gets overlooked in there with the other jungle animals.

Supplies: Wild About You, Many Merry Messages, Close to Cocoa cardstock, Chocolate Chip marker & cardstock, Baja Breeze ink & cardstock, So Saffron ink & cardstock, Very Vanilla cardstock, 1-1/4" & 1-3/8" Circle Punches, Scallop Circle Punch, Bold Snowflake Jumbo Wheel, 1/4" Chocolate grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my I had to laught, I went to a catholic school and this looks like a nun to me LOL!!!! Very cute card! ~Donna

Traveling Mama said...

Such a sweet card! I totally forgot about the penguin in that set... I'll have to pull mine out! Best wishes!

Selene Kempton said...

What a happy penguin! great Job!

Tara said...

This is so cute! I love that little guy... what a great card!