Saturday, February 21, 2009

Summer Colors Card

I loved the colors Stacey choose this week for her Jewelry Color Inspiration Challenge #24. They reminded me of summer -- which I was more than happy to think about this cold winter week. I used a sketch I found on someone's blog for further inspiration.

I realized as I was finishing the card, that the circles should be 1" instead of 1-1/4" to be truer to the sketch. I think they almost take up too much of the card when they are bigger, like mine. Next time.... (Click here to check out the original sketch artist.)

Supplies: Life's a Breeze, All Holidays (greeting), Yo Yo Yellow ink & cardstock, Tempting Turquoise ink & cardstock, Kiwi Kiss ink & cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Sahara Sand cardstock, Good Morning Sunshine DSP, Pink Flamingo DSP, Rockability DSP, Clear Buttons, Crafter's Tool Kit, 1-1/4" Circle Punch

5 comments:

Karen Giron said...

I love your card Julie - it makes me wish for warmer days! Great job with the sketch, thanks for posting your link!

Stacey Schafer said...

What a fun card, Julie! I love the layout and stamp set that you used with the colors...definately makes me think of summer, too:) Thanks for playing in the Jewelry Color Inspiration #24!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Can summer be long in coming? If Mr. Groundhog had seen your card he'd never have noticed his shadow and Summer would be here that much sooner - lol!

Thanks for sharing - Jean

Two Happy Stampers said...

Your card is a wonderful combination of the color challenge and the card sketch! Great job! =)

-Adriel

LeAnne said...

LOVE IT!!! What a fun card and great sketch! I haven't done one of Stacey's challenges for a while, I am sad to be missing them!