Thursday, March 5, 2009

Great Friend Card

While working on this card for Kristina's Werner's Color Inspiration #44 last night, I couldn't quite find the right greeting to put in the circle. Since I express shipped my Occasions Mini preorder, I decided to break out my brand new "Great Friend" stamp set today to finish it up. I just love the look of greetings with a combination of script and text fonts. (Kristina -- is that your handwriting on this stamp?)

Supplies: Great Friend, Pink Pirouette cardstock, Close to Cocoa cardstock, Chocolate Chip ink & cardstock, Metal Edge Tags, Scallop Edge Punch, Flower Fusion Too (felt flowers), Clear Rhinestone Brads, Stampin' Up! Backgrounds I Texturz plates for the Big Shot

10 comments:

Randee E said...

This is just so beautifully simple. Love it!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

this is a very sweet card!

KatieTurtle said...

Very simple, elegant card. Great job! Looks like you are from the Champaign area- I went to school there for grad and undergrad - Go Illini!

Unknown said...

Just Fabulous!

Lisa Wright said...

I love this color combination! Beautiful card Julie!

Tara Kieninger said...

Love this card. I'll be casing the layout for sure.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Wonderful felt flowers! This is a great card.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Maryvel said...

Very nice card! Thanks for sharing!

Carol Dunstan said...

simply lovely!

Linda Beeson said...

I love that saying and you did a great job with that COLOR challenge.